Function as an Superintendant for Electrical Contractor in Greater Houston Area. Ideal candidate must be able to manage and oversee a commercial electrical construction project from start to finish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan a construction project and prepare a project schedule.
- Meet with Owners, General Contractor and others in a professional manner and can communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company.
- Oversee regular, scheduled, timely, and accurate reporting and information flow to facilitate prompt billings and quickly transitioned subcontractor invoices.
- Ensure that the project is in a positive cash flow position and prepare Project Manager Reports accurately and timely.
- Prepare sketches and schematic diagrams showing the location of wiring and electrical systems as needed.
- Delegate tasks and assist with training other employees.
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Construction Management or Engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical and supervisory experience as an electrician in the Commercial, Industrial and Institutional setting.
- 8+ years of experience/knowledge of electrical construction and project management.
- Proven ability to apply innovative management techniques to maximize employee performance thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards etc. and their impact on project activities.
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems and department software is necessary including Windows Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Ability to verify compliance and functionality of installations.
- Experience helping with the management of a project and crew.
- Ability to manage material estimates.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and pre-planning abilities.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Start Time: 7 AM
Description: Eleectrical Superintendent
Billing Contact: Liz Butcher
Timecard Contact: Liz Butcher
Jobsite Contact: TBD
Positions Available: 1
Submittals Quota: 3
Billing %: TBD